Stem cell therapy is an innovation in the medical field that can help treat medical issues such as back pain. Stem cell therapy is a safe and effective way to treat and manage chronic pain, and can be a helpful solution for patients who have not achieved positive results from other treatments or procedures.
It is estimated that over 80% of adults in the United States will experience moderate to severe ongoing back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain can be caused by genetic conditions, lifestyle choices, or even injuries, and can hinder patients from enjoying their typical daily activities such as walking, driving, sleeping comfortably, and more. Luckily, stem cell therapy for back injuries is a great option for patients looking to dramatically improve the pain and discomfort from many common spinal injuries and allow return to many of the sports that you have been avoiding.
Share this Post
Stem Cell Therapy for Back Injuries
Stem cell therapy uses the body’s natural healing process to repair damaged tissue, treating back pain at the root of the damage and potentially putting an end to the pain. So, how does it work?
Adult stem cells serve the primary role of healing damaged tissue and replenishing dying or damaged cells that can be the cause of pain throughout the body. Essentially, stem cells find the damaged tissue and have the potential to prevent further degeneration of these cells while also initiating repair or regeneration.
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy for Back Injuries
When using stem cells to treat back pain caused by an injury, patients can experience numerous advantages and benefits that traditional surgeries or other procedures would not have.
Some of the biggest advantages of stem cell therapy for back injuries include:
- No risk of rejection – autologous stem cells are harvested from and reintroduced into your own body, therefore minimizing risks
- Minimally invasive treatments – stem cell treatments are minimally invasive, in strong contrast to traditional treatments such as spinal fusion. The procedures are outpatient and performed in approximately 2.5-3 hours. Patients generally require very little post-operative pain medication. Risks such as the increased likelihood of heart attack that has recently been found to be associated with the invasive character of major surgeries are not present in stem cell treatments.
- No general anesthetic, all procedures performed under IV sedation
- Rebuilds the bodies natural tissue to ensure optimal health
- Minimal recovery time and quick return to work following a procedure
- All procedures are performed under live fouroscopic imaging by an expert spinal injectionist with 30 years of experience, who has performed thousands of spinal injections.
If you are suffering from chronic or persistent back pain after a back injury, stem cell therapy is a fast, safe, and highly effective option.
Here at ThriveMD, we are proud to be pioneers in the development of stem cell therapy for back pain and other medical conditions. Over 80% of patients who have received stem cell procedures at our clinic have reported feeling lasting relief from pain, and have not needed to undergo additional surgery in the future. ThriveMD’s expert medical director, Dr. Scott Brandt, is one of the few select physicians in the country to be trained in stem cell therapy and is here to help patients like yourself find relief from back injuries and get back to living your best life.
To learn more about how stem cell therapy can be a helpful treatment option for back pain, contact ThriveMD today.